Receivables management on behalf of third parties
EOS France complies with the obligations stipulated in sections R124-1 to R124-7 of the code for the execution of civil proceedings, applicable to companies involved in fiduciary collection:
- Declaration to the public prosecutor
- Subscription to adequate professional civil liability insurance
- Separate bank accounts (a separate account for each client)
- Systematic dispatch of an initial information letter including the compulsory statements specified in the code for the execution of civil proceedings and those relating to the French Data Protection Act
- Restriction on invoicing debtors with costs other than legal costs as stipulated by law.
In the case of debt purchase, we send a letter to the debtor to inform them of the transfer of ownership of debts due. We also inform them of their rights of access to and amendment of consumer information in this regard.
The employees performing searches for contact details for absconded debtors are approved as "PIA" (French "ARP") civil investigators by the National Council for Private Security Activities under the direction of the Ministry of Internal Affairs. Governed by volume VI (headings II and III) of the Internal Security Code. Private Investigation Agency (ARP) since 10 June 2002, ARP administrative authorisation number 736-1, by prefectorial order dated 4 November 2009.
EOS France has been a member of FIGEC (the French National Federation for Company Information, Debt Management and Civil Investigation) since 1997. The company respects and applies the provisions of the code of conduct signed between the ASF (French Association of Finance Companies) and consumer associations.
The code of ethics obliges its members to abide by strict terms at the level of statutes, competencies, financial guarantees and insurance.
This code guarantees:
- Transaction transparency.
- Protection of beneficiary interests.
- Respect for debtors, contractual relationships and legal and regulatory obligations.
- Professionalism of participants; credibility and representation of the profession.
EOS France subscribes to all obligations and procedures specified by the (French National Commission for Data Protection and Liberties) (CNIL) and has its own Data Protection and Liberties Correspondent (CIL).
Code of ethics
EOS France has its own code of ethics, which it defines contractually for all its associates.